It is with great pleasure and gratitude that we are announcing the re-opening of our office!
Please kindly understand that COVID-19 pandemic is NOT over, and that accordingly, our scope of practice may remain limited at first to keep our patients and staff safe but will gradually resume to full capacity in PHASED manner. We thank you for your understanding in advance as we try to adjust to the new normal and learn how to maneuver in this new environment. We will continue to update information contained on this page as COVID-19 situation evolves, so please check back on our website regularly.
1. We will ask you COVID-19 screening questions when you call to schedule appointment AND when you arrive at our office.
2. Please wait in your vehicle and give us a call at (410) 997-5699 when you arrive. We will have you enter our office when we determine that it is safe to do so (in order to minimize your direct encounter with another patient, if present).
3. There will be limited seating in the reception area. Only patient is allowed to enter our office during the duration of patient's appointment, unless patient is a minor or has disability which requires companion. All others will be asked to remain in their vehicle.
4. We ask that you wear mask and keep it on when you enter our office. We will ask you to remove your mask only as applicable in the treatment area.
5. We will take your temperature and ask you screening questions at each and every visit before being escorted to the treatment area.
6. There will be a plexiglass on the reception area countertop (in order to limit possible exposure).
7. Please sanitize your hands using our alcohol-based sanitizer provided for you immediately upon arrival.
8. Please bring your own pen to complete and sign any paper work (in order to limit cross-contamination).
9. We will ask you to sign our COVID-19 consent forms in addition to our regular consent forms.
Please take note of the following additional measures which we are taking to keep you safe:
1. We will limit the number of appointments which can be safely scheduled.
2. We will screen all our staff for COVID-19 symptoms and take temperatures daily.
3. All our staff will be wearing masks and practicing social distancing among ourselves at all times. In particular, our clinical staff will be wearing N95 mask (or equivalent), face shield, gown, and gloves during treatment.
4. As always, we follow all CDC protocols, ADA recommendations, and OSHA guidelines in the utmost, strictest manner possible regarding personal protective equipment (PPE) protocols and infection control.
5. Common areas, surfaces, and treatment rooms are frequently disinfected throughout the day.
Thank you, and we look forward to being of service to you!
Dr. Christopher Yoo & GRACE Dental Clinic Team